Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 News

Well, here I am again letting ya'll know the news of the day. Today started out quite funny actually. We've been taking care of Gary's dog, Blackjack, for him until he can get it to his new owner (waiting for the fence to be built), and he's apparently an indoor dog. Nothing wrong with that, except he sleeps on the floor in our bedroom and he's no trouble . . . when Drew's there.
Drew leaves for work and Blackjack thinks he belongs on the bed with me, and even though it's a kingsize bed, he wants to either lay up by MY pillow, or lays over my legs. Well, this morning, Drew was going to close the door and pretend he left and wait to hear if Blackjack moved. Well, he did get up and walk over to my side of the bed and Drew came back in and told him to get back on his blanket. Humpt! He again closed the door, and pretended he went out the front door and quietly walked back to see if Blackjack had moved. He hadn't. So, he went ahead and went to work. Well, Blackjack waited about 25 minutes to make sure Drew wasn't coming back, and then jumped up on the bed. By that time, I had both Blackjack and Molly on my legs and could hardly move.
Gary had told us to use a rolled up newspaper and slap him with it, as he didn't like the sound of it, and it wouldn't hurt him. Well, Blackjack apparently isn't bothered with that danged newspaper, and it didn't work. I finally had to pull my legs out from under the two dogs and just go ahead and pull them off the bed and get dressed. I wasn't going to get anymore sleep, but this can't keep up, as I don't go to bed until around 3-4 in the morning and getting up at 8-9 just isn't cutting it. I usually get up around 9:30, but not now. It's usually right after Drew leaves which is around 8:30, and I'm getting tired. so, since today was such a nice day, the dogs have been left outside for most of it.
In the meantime, I'm working on my Shoebox quilt and it's all done except the final border to sew on, but I took a break to work on a small quilt for a silent auction in Chicago. I'm donating it to my granddaughter, Madysen's school for a fund raiser. I hope they get a bit of money for it, as I'm sure someone should like it. It's a couple of birds dancing cheek to cheek. I'll try and post a picture when it's done, and also the shoebox one.
Maybe this weekend, I'll get a picture posted of Drew and I laying the floors thruout our house. We have the living room, dining room and most of the hallway done. We are now in the first of 3 bedrooms, and the carpet's been pulled up and staples removed, and it's just waiting for the flooring. I have to admit, for beginner's, Drew and I are doing a bang-up job. Twice Gary came over to help (mostly to move some of the bigger furniture), and one of our grandsons, Kellen came over to help. That was when I was in Chicago.
Hummmm...well, enough for now...and I'll try to post pics soon.

No comments: